I was catching up on some blogs this morning and came across the whole Facebook Beacon/Kongregate thing (a little late) via Brian Oberkirch.
This whole thing highlights a few problems that companies on the web are now facing, and will continue to face.
- Should you expect to traffic your users data from other sites just because they have an account with you too?
- Are you the first responder if there is a problem whether it’s real or perceived (see Jim Greer – CEO, Kongregate as the first comment on the original post)?
- How do you explain to your paying clients, the users blocking the service with 3rd party tools?
- What is the best way to address these concerns online?
- Do you have to spell everything out?
Blogged with Flock